By Jerry Limone - Sep 19, 2022 - Travel Weekly
Photo by Scott Webb
Related Companies and Wynn Resorts have partnered to pursue a casino license for the Hudson Yards neighborhood on the west side of Manhattan.
The partners want to build a resort, entertainment and gaming destination in the Western Yards section, which is located next to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
"Together with the Javits Center, a world-class resort on the Western Yards would create the country's pre-eminent convention and entertainment district," the partners said in a news release.
Hudson Yards was developed by Related Companies and Oxford Properties Group. Related owns the Equinox Hotel Hudson Yards, which opened in 2019. The Real Deal reports that Related is looking to sell that hotel.
The New York State budget passed earlier this year provided for three gaming licenses in the southeastern part of the state.
- Newark Airport Will No Longer Be Considered an NYC Hub — What That Means for Travelers
- American Airlines Introduces Suite Seats
- Air traffic recovery is fast-approaching pre-pandemic levels
- Now Airlines Say Delays and Cancellations Are the FAA’s Fault
- CDC Rescinds Order Requiring Negative Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test Prior to Flight to the US
- After travel ban, WorldTek scrambles to bring home 120 US athletes
- I got to fly on the United Airlines Star Wars plane – Here’s what it’s like inside
- Envision has once again selected WorldTEK to serve as our official travel agency.
- Space Travel Is Becoming a Part of the Travel Industry
- United Adding Supersonic Speeds with New Aircraft from Boom Supersonic