The World is opening for travel again, one step at a time. Below we’re plotting the news events about the reopening of various travel sectors around the world on a timeline, in order to better explain the when and the where of how the reopening and potential recovery from here.
Also, Skift Research has recently launched Skift Recovery Index, a real-time measure of where the travel industry at-large — and the core verticals within it — stands in recovering from the Covid-19 pandemic. Check the latest weekly chart below, and more on SRI here.
- Business Travel
- Cars and Trains
- Hotels & Rentals
- Tour Operators
Dubai To Reopen To Tourists July 7, Will Require Negative Covid Certificate Or Airport Testing To Enter
NEW: Hawaii Reopening To Mainland U.S. Tourist Likely To Be Delayed Beyond Previously-Announced Aug 1
- Which Airlines Are Enforcing Face Mask and Middle Seat Rules?
- Delta Will Test Pre-Flight Temperature Scanning in Los Angeles
- Frontier CEO says CDC should update coronavirus travel advice: 'Flying is not dangerous'
- Chances of Contracting COVID-19 on a Plane Are Lower Than You Think
- Guide to invitation-only airline and hotel elite status tiers