PHOTO CREDIT to Pixabay
Monday, April 19, 2021, 3:00 PM
FORT WORTH, Texas — Starting May 1, American Airlines will reintroduce full beverage service in all domestic premium cabins. Starting June 1, beverage service, including canned drinks, juice and water, will begin in the main cabin.
The safety and well-being of customers and flight crew on board is a top priority for American. This has been the guiding strategy for bringing back more inflight services in a careful and thoughtful way to ensure flight attendants and customers feel safe and comfortable. American worked hand-in-hand with the Association of Professional Flight Attendants (APFA) and medical experts from American’s Travel Health Advisory Panel to determine to the safest way to carefully return the food and beverage program.
“American’s reintroduction of beverage service is a careful and informed process to ensure everyone on board feels safe and comfortable,” said Brady Byrnes, Vice President of Flight Service. “When customers fly with American, they are trusting us with their safety. We worked closely with the union that represents our flight attendants, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, and medical experts on this process. Through our partnership, we collectively determined that the timing is right to bring back this service, and we can do so while continuing to give customers peace of mind.”
Feedback from flight attendants and customers will be closely considered as more food and beverage service is introduced incrementally.
Customers will also be reminded of face covering guidelines throughout their time traveling with American. In accordance with federal guidelines, American requires face coverings to be worn at all times at the airport and onboard the aircraft and can only be briefly removed while the customer is eating or drinking.
To make flying easier for customers as they return to the skies, American will continue to update the travel experience page on aa.com for customers to reference as they plan future travel, especially as American incrementally builds back its food and beverage program.
Domestic beverage service details:
Domestic Premium Cabin
- Beginning May 1: Full complimentary beverage service, including alcohol, canned drinks, juice and water.
Domestic Main Cabin
- Beverage service is currently provided on flights longer than 2,200 miles (approximately four hours or more).
- Beginning June 1: Complimentary beverage service, including canned drinks, juice and water.
- Later this summer: Full main cabin beverage service, including alcoholic beverage options, along with American’s popular buy-on-board food program.
- Predeparture drinks, glassware are making a comeback on United
- Sikorsky Memorial Airport eyes commercial flights
- Delta ready to welcome up to 5.6M customers during Thanksgiving travel period
- Dogs can be effective COVID screening tool
- First Avelo Airlines flight takes off from Tweed